I felt I had to keep a consistent colour scheme which reflects the mood of the music video, as well as the genre. I thought using a mixture of warm colours such as red and orange to reflect the liveliness of the music. But also show the emotional elements the colours show such as anger, or passion. I decided to create a background using triangle shapes of different shades, I thought the geometric shapes reflected the style of digital manipulation other drum and bass albums show. The fonts were selected to match the layout of my Digipack and stand out.
For my advert I thought making the artist in black and white was quite powerful, as it matches the titles and subtitles. It may also suggest or hint a sense of loneliness or rejection, which relates to the song.
For our performance we didn't focus too much on lighting. Our location in the drama room was perfect, we used a large black curtain for the background which gave us a good setting to reflect the feeling of being alone. For the narrative, filming outside we used lighting from the camera show the scene more clearly. Also it showed shadow which gives a negative perspective of teenagers.
Overall I think my promotional package was effective with my colours and font and suited to my chosen genre. It represents the music style of drum and bass and the meaning and definition of our song choice.

No comments:
Post a Comment